If there is a problem with the heating in your property, the first thing you will need to do is to check whether it is an issue in all of the rooms, or just in one room. If it is a general problem in all of the apartment, please check the elements below :
What type of heating do I have ?
You can find this information in the article you received about your apartment at the beginning of your stay when you collected your keys. Please ask us if you cannot find this.
Below is a diagram with the different types of potential heating you might have :
If there is collective heating at your building, then no immediate action can be taken to resolve this issue. Please get in touch with the technical team so that a request can be made to the building management committee.
If you have individual heating that can be controlled from inside the apartment :
Check the dials on your radiators :
On the heater :
- Most of the time you can find dial to adjust the termperature on the side of the radiator. It might be located at the top or bottom of the radiator.
On the general control panel :
- In some apartments the heating is also centralised through a small control panel, often located in the biggest room. In this box, you can modify the temperature of all of the radiators in order to avoid excess consumption by keeping your radiator at maximum heat. This does not prevent you from adjusting the temperature of the heating in your room separately.
If your radiator was switched off or the general thermostat was on the summer setting, you will need to wait for a few minutes before the heating begins. You can also check your electrical board in case there was an electricity cut.
If this is not the case, please contact our support team telling us which tests you already did (with pictures).
Checking the boiler :
You may find that your boiler is on the summer setting, which means that the heaters have not been activated. In order to switch them on, please follow the instructions below :
Old boiler :
- For old types of boilers, you will simply need to check the "chauffage" thermostat and check if it is on the summer setting. If this is the case, you will just need to turn the dial clockwise to increase the heating in your apartment.
Digital boiler :
For digital boilers, you may have a non-heating mode. You will simply change the setting by pressing the "mode" button to obtain a small green LED light next to a tap and a heater.
If your boiler (old or digital), is not on summer mode and there is no heating in your apartment despite the fact you have turned it on, you will need to take a look at the pressure of the boiler, as explained in this article.
If the problem continues, please contact us directly via email@example.com
My radiator is not working
It is possible that your apartment is being heated, but the radiator in one room is not working. You must first find out as to whether this issue is isolated to one room or several.
Checking an electric heater :
- First of all, you can check if the radiator is plugged and turn on by checking on itself directly :
- If the electric heater does not have a digital display, there should be an on/off button on side of a temperature control. If this is the case, make sure that the on/off button is activated and that the heating level is not below 5, as shown in the photo below.
Checking my non-electric heater :
You will need to turn the tap on the side of the radiator and wait to see if you hear a small noise of running water on the inside. You can also check to see if all of the radiator is cold, or if it only one part of it that is being heated, for example just the top of the radiator.
If the control panel of your central heating and your radiator are not allowing you to turn your heating on, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org