Chez Nestor works with 3 internet providers: Bouygues Telecom Grand Public, A5 numérique (OVH) et Orange Pro. If you encounter any connectivity problems, please check the following :
1. The internet connection has cut out in all of the apartment
It is important to check that the router is correctly connected to the electricity outlet and that there are no switches that are flicked down on the switchboard.
In order to be able to resolve the situation as soon as possible, our technical team will need answers to the following questions:
- Is the internet connection slow or is it not functioning at all?
- Does it function any better if there is less distance between you and the router?
- What lights are currently lit up on the router? If the lights are red, you can first of all try disconnecting the router, waiting for a couple of minutes, and then reconnecting it again.
- What details are you currently using to connect to the internet? (Network name and password)
- Is the network featured amongst the list of available networks in your apartment when you try to connect on one of your devices?
- How often are you encountering this issue? Is it all the time, on occasion, or when several people are connected on the network at once?
Could you send clear photos of the router and the fibre box, as well as a screenshot of all of the available networks in the apartment, through to us via email@example.com so that our technical team can take a look at the problem and advise on the following steps to take.
If you are able to access the network, could you also send us a screenshot of the result of a Speedtest you have conducted on the network?
2. The internet connection is weak in a certain part of the apartment
If there does not appear to be a problem with the main router, but you are encountering issues in specific places in the apartment, please complete a Speedtest in the room where you have an issue. Please then complete another Speedtest close to the router. You will then need to send screenshots of the two results to us via firstname.lastname@example.org so a comparison can be made between the two.