In order to prepare for your departure from your Chez Nestor accommodation as easily as possible, please follow these steps :
1. On your Chez Nestor account, you will be able to find a personalised link under the, "My departure" tab which will allow you to fill out your departure date. Please be aware that, until you have filled out this form, your departure notice will not have been registered.
We advise that you fill out your check-out form at least 30 days before your check-out date. As stated in your contract, you are responsible for paying your rent (and utilities) throughout the notice period, even if you decide to leave earlier.
For example, if you fill in the check-out form on the 20th of April, the 30-day notice period means your contract would end on the 20th of May. In this situation, if you would like to leave the apartment on the 4th of May, you will still have to pay your rent until the 20th of May.
Your rent is will be calculated on a pro-rata basis if you leave in the middle of the month. If you have already paid a full month's worth of rent, we will refund you for the days after your check-out.
2. When you leave your property, make sure to hand your room back to us in a good condition. May we remind you that your room and the communal areas have to be clean and tidy when you leave your Chez Nestor home. In your room, you will need to have washed and dried your duvet and mattress protector. Your pillows will need to be clean, the floor and/or carpet will need to have been cleaned with the vacuum, and there cannot be any dust on the surfaces. Your flatmates will have to leave the apartment in the same state when they complete their own check-outs, so you can ask if they can help you to clean the communal areas of the apartment. We will also send them an email to inform them that you are leaving.
A small note concerning cleaning :
As specified in your contract, all cleaning that has to be completed by our team is billed as following:
- 49€ for a flat-rate call-out fee
- 27€ for each hour of cleaning that is completed in the property
All of the furniture will need to be put back in the same position as in the photos of the room you saw at the beginning of your stay. Do not hesitate to ask us for these photos if you cannot find them.
If an item is damaged or missing at the end of your stay, a deduction will be made from your deposit to cover this cost. A lightbulb, for example, is charged as 9€ on your inventory.
If anything is broken, damaged or missing, do not hesitate to get in touch with us before your check-out so we can give you the name of the model or the catalogue reference for the object. You will then be able to purchase a new one yourself for less money.
3. On the day of your departure, you will not be able to change anything once the check-out has started. So make sure to complete any cleaning and to change any objects prior to our agent arriving, as they will be obliged to note all they see in your check-out inventory.
The inventory check will last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size of your property and how clean it is. At the end of your check-out, you will need to hand your keys back to our team and to leave the property. It will not be possible to leave personal possessions, such as your suitcases, in the property.
Please note that if you are late and we have to reschedule your check-out as a result, this will incur a fee.
We hope that your stay with Chez Nestor has been a pleasant one. If you have any questions about this, do not hesitate to contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org