Bed bugs spread very quickly, so it is important to take the matter seriously and treat it quickly.
1.Identifying bed bugs
If you think you have bed bugs, you should first consult a doctor or pharmacist to confirm that it is bed bugs and send us the confirmation.
2.Informing our teams
Following confirmation from your doctor/pharmacist, you should inform our team as soon as possible, providing the following information
- Do you have any red blotches / bites? If so, could you please send us a picture of them?
- How long have you had these blotches / bites?
- Do your roommates have them too?
- If you see them, send us a photo of the pests
- Check if there is a notice in the common areas of the building about this
- Check with your neighbours if they have the same problem.
Bed bugs spread quickly between different rooms and flats. In order to plan the most effective treatment, it is necessary to know which rooms/apartments are infested.
Upon receipt of this information, our technical team can programme an intervention with a specialised company.
3.Procedure for the intervention
It is necessary to prepare the areas concerned in order for the intervention to be effective. Below is the protocol before the procedure:
- Wash the bedding (fitted sheet, duvet, pillowcases, etc.) at 60C minimum. To avoid the return of bedbugs after the treatment, also wash the linen present and the clothes stored in the infested room.
- Store cleaned bedding, linen and clothing in a non-infested area (if possible) and in closed plastic bags.
- Take down curtains and drapes, wash them, and put them in closed plastic bags as well.
- Empty chests of drawers, wardrobes, bedside tables near beds and infested areas
Thoroughly vacuum all crevices, skirting boards, peg holes, hinges and seams. Dispose of the vacuum bag in a waste bin outside the house.
ATTENTION, AFTER THE INTERVENTION, it will be necessary to :
- Close and leave the flat for at least 4 hours after the treatment.
- When you return, you must ventilate for at least 2 hours.
- Do not wash the floors for 2 weeks after the treatment.
As pests spread rapidly and in order to be effective, it is necessary to treat the whole flat, even if only one room seems contaminated.
If you have any difficulties or questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.